Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Revel in Life!

Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute! (Philippians 4:4, 5 MSG)

I'm not sure I've ever used the word REVEL before. But, Eugene Peterson's Message uses it in these verses and I might not use this word, but I should live it. One definition is to celebrate in a loud and boisterous way. I need to remember this word and live life as a boisterous celebration.

I am looking forward to getting back to school tomorrow. This stretch from now until Spring Break can be rough on students and staff. Winter will drag on as it usually does and we will all long for the fresh outdoors of spring. It will be a struggle to not let school get to be monotonous and as dreary as the weather. That will be the time for me to re-read this verse. I need to revel in my life with Christ. I need to boil over with the celebration for what Christ has done for me. I will need to remind my students and colleagues, I am there specifically for them. I am for them just as God is for me!

How can we be so down knowing we have eternal life ahead of us. How can we let a simple thing as the weather get us down. We need to make it as clear as we can,, to ALL we meet, we revel in the life God has given us. We celebrate every day as we are a step closer to being home. Praise God for his love and grace.

No comments: