Sunday, January 6, 2013

Good Job!

And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17 NIV)

Everyone loves to be praised. I'm no different. I work hard ar school, teaching, coaching, and as curriculum coach. I put great thought into my CMA ministry. I want to do a good job and I feel great when I am told how great a job im doing. I think all people want that same thing. My students might not admit it, but when I recognize them for a job well done, I can see they really love it. When I brag about my daughters and their families, when I tell them how proud I am, and go out of the way to recognize them, they love it. You can see it in their eyes, people love to hear genuine praise.

Just the simple act of thanking someone can lift their spirits.  But, in our self-centered society, it doesn't happen enough. We should all take the time to thank our families, to praise them for a job well done. We should recognize our coworkers, our friends and our family. Tell them how pleased you are to be a part of their lives. Tell them how blessed you are by their company. Tell them how much you value their work ethic, skill, or kindness.

We should follow the example of our Heavenly Father and let the whole world know how blessed we are. And oh yes, don't forget to praise the one who blesses us the most. God doesn't need the praise, but he loves it the same as we do. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: