Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm not confident in my confidence!

He replied,  “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?”  Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. (Matthew 8:26 NIV)

Do you have confidence? I'm helping coach girls basketball this year, as an assistant. We are playing in a tournament championship tomorrow. The team we are playing is our conference rival. We always have tough battles when we meet. Last year we lost all three meetings. They were all close games won at the end. We have played them once this year and defeated them by 10 points. So I am confident we can beat them tomorrow. I'm not afraid to face them. I'm sure they're not afraid of us either. However, I'm guessing they are not as confident this year as last year. During the game tomorrow I'm sure their will be ups and downs. My confidence will vary with those ups and downs. So how much confidence do I really have?

What kind of faith do I show in God? I have to be one of the most blessed people on this planet. God has provided abundantly and has watched over me for 52 years. So why would my faith be like a roller coaster? That may be the greatest question of all time. My faith should be like a rock. I'm sad to say its not always that way. I feel its getting better, but I have a long way to go.

Lord forgive me for my weak faith. Fill me with your spirit and the strength to stand in confidence through the storms of life. Help me to live life in COMPLETE confidence in you and your plan for my life. Thank you for your patience with me and the grace that surpasses all understanding. Amen.

No comments: