Tuesday, November 23, 2010

You could be Larry!

Things are tough all over. The job market is still terrible. Yet, we should be thankful. We have been through the so called summer of recovery with the same lackluster economy. Yet we should be thankful. The world is a very dangerous place. Yet, we should be thankful. We have the threat of nuclear weapons from a country run by a crazy man. Yet, we should be thankful. We live in a society where we don't allow prayer at school. Yet, we should be thankful. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

We could be so cynical and so pessimistic that we could never enjoy a day of thanks. Or, maybe we could change our attitude and realize that even through the toughest of times, we should be thankful. As Thanksgiving day approaches, just remember one thing. You could be the Turkey! Think about it. All of us are looking forward to Thanksgiving. But, the Turkey won't get to enjoy that day. In reality, he is the only one who really can't be thankful!

Here is a funny video. Larry didn't even make it to Thanksgiving Day!

Be thankful in all things. In time of plenty and in time of need, give thanks to the Lord for he is good. All the time God is good!






Philippians 4:10-12 (New International Version, ©2010)

Thanks for Their Gifts
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

No comments: