Friday, November 5, 2010

VICTORY!

Revelation 6 (The Message)

 1-2I watched while the Lamb ripped off the first of the seven seals.   I heard one of the Animals roar, "Come out!" I looked—I saw a white horse. Its rider carried a bow and was given a victory garland. He rode off victorious, conquering right and left.


I am writing this on Thursday Night before our Football Sectional Championship game to be played tomorrow night. I write a lot of these ahead of time because my schedule tomorrow will be crazy. I won't get home until really late. I think I have shared that I do a lot of praying. I pray for so many things. I have a Prayer list that I just keep adding to every day. I get requests from church, cma, family, and friends. I TRY so hard to make sure I pray for those requests. God says we can bring anything to him. I do. I even bring some very petty things, like winning games! I'm pretty embarrassed about that. I try not to. But, when I get talking to God, it seems to always pop up. I always get brought down to Earth when I realize someone on the other team is probably praying for the same thing.

We have a great coaching staff at Garrett. Many of these Coaches are very devoted Christians. But ALL of them are men and women of character. When I see men and women of character doing the right things, I just get this overwhelming feeling I want to see them get rewarded. This certainly is true of my Football Coaching Staff. They do things the right way. They have the game in perspective and they put character above winning. I would just love to see them rewarded. I feel the same way about all of our teams. Friday Night we will be facing a very strong opponent. Truth is we probably should get beat. But, i know our Coaches and kids will put their hearts into winning this game. If we do, I'll be excited for this great accomplishment. If we don't, I'll be disappointed that they won't realize the rewards for all of their hard work and dedication to values like honesty, caring, responsibility, and respect.

Life is the same way. It just seems like the strong Christian people end up having to fight the most to survive. It seems that we shouldn't have to fight cancer, we shouldn't have to fight untimely death, and needless suffering. People who are truly devoted to Christ suffer. I feel for them. I believe in a God who has the power to move mountains. I believe in a God that can flood the entire earth. I believe in a God who sends his own son to die on the cross so he can defeat death by raising him in three days. I don't have the answer to why God lets these things happen to his people. But, I do know one thing. The ultimate victory has already been won. No. I'm not talking about a Football victory, which in the grand scheme of things is so minor. I'm talking about our promised victory over death and suffering. I'm talking about the victory we get through Faith in our Heavenly father. I'm talking about the guarantee of eternal life. The Lamb has ripped off the seal and a victory garland has been placed around our neck. Victory is won!

No comments: