Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We gather together!



salm 106:47 (New International Version, ©2010)


47 Save us, LORD our God,
and gather us from the nations,
that we may give thanks to your holy name
and glory in your praise.

I love the pledge of allegiance. I know some Christians don't like it because they only pledge their allegiance to Christ. Well, I'm not going to debate it, my life belongs to my savior. But he has blessed me to live in this great country and I pledge myself to everything it stands for. "One Nation under God"

Tomorrow we gather together as friends, family, and servants of the King. A lot of families can't stand to be together. Even though they grew up together, they have grown apart. But, for the most part, we can put aside our differences for one day and just enjoy being with each other. Thanksgiving does that for me. I just want to be with family. God wants us to do the same thing. He doesn't just want us to gather together as a family. God has a bigger plan than just "One Nation". He wants us ALL to be united. I'm not talking about One Nation worldwide. I'm talking about God being worshipped in every nation. I'm talking about All of us worshipping the God of the universe while maintaining the great diversity that makes us all unique. In order for that to happen, God has to save us. In order for us to be saved we need to ask and accept his rescue. We concentrate so much on what makes us different. Maybe if families across America can put aside their differences to gather on Thanksgiving, we can put aside our differences as Republicans and Democrats, or Christians and Muslims, or Communist Nations and Democratic Nations.

Tomorrow when you sit down and are about to pray before your Thanksgiving feast, pray that we can have peace between nations or that we can have peace within those nations. Pray that we can come together to worship the one God, the God of the universe, the God who sacrificed his son to save us. God wants to gather us from every nation into his kingdom. So should we!








No comments: