Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ANTICIPATION! Keepin' me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting'!

Revelation 10 (The Message)

 1-4I saw another powerful Angel coming down out of Heaven wrapped in a cloud. There was a rainbow over his head, his face was sun-radiant, his legs pillars of fire. He had a small book open in his hand. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left foot on land, then called out thunderously, a lion roar. When he called out, the Seven Thunders called back. When the Seven Thunders spoke, I started to write it all down, but a voice out of Heaven stopped me, saying, "Seal with silence the Seven Thunders; don't write a word." 5-7Then the Angel I saw astride sea and land lifted his right hand to Heaven and swore by the One Living Forever and Ever, who created Heaven and everything in it, earth and everything in it, sea and everything in it, that time was up—that when the seventh Angel blew his trumpet, which he was about to do, the Mystery of God, all the plans he had revealed to his servants, the prophets, would be completed.


I'm Old. I know I don't have to tell you this. I'm sure you know it. When I read this verse I automatically thought of Carly Simon singing Anticipation! For those of you born POST 70's, Carly Simon was an amazing singer songwriter. Ok, maybe she wasn't that great, but she sang some great songs at the time! One of her hits was "Anticipation" Click on the link Below and you can hear it!

Carly Simon -- Anticipation!



Can you imagine being at the point in history where God is going to reveal his plans and all that he has been working toward is complete?  The time is up! I am anxiously anticipating that day. I have spent most of my life hearing about the second coming of Christ. I have heard so many different versions about how and when it's going to happen. In Church on Sunday, we heard about it again. God is the only one who knows the time and the place. He is the only one who really knows how it's going to happen. The "Left Behind" book series and Tim Lahaye made his pitch for how it's going to happen. Frankly, I don't care. I just want to be there to witness the final battle and the final revealing of God's Glory.  But, like Pastor Stu said yesterday. We need to live life like Jesus will return today! While we are waiting and waiting, anticipating and anticipating, we need to keep working. We need to share the Gospel one more time. We need to bring one more person to know Christ. We need to live as God would have us live.
I can't wait, but I have to. The anticipation is mounting, I'm on the edge of my seat! Come Lord Jesus! Come!

No comments: