Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sometimes I don't feel like it!

Revelation 19 (The Message)

5From the Throne came a shout, a command: Praise our God, all you his servants, All you who fear him, small and great!6-8Then I heard the sound of massed choirs, the sound of a mighty cataract, the sound of strong thunder: Hallelujah! The Master reigns, our God, the Sovereign-Strong! Let us celebrate, let us rejoice, let us give him the glory! 

Sometimes I just don't feel like Praising God! I know it's not right. If I were a good solid Christian, I wouldn't feel this way. But, I'm just being truthful. I'm sure if most of us were honest, you would say you have felt the same way at some point of your life. I'm sure you have had days when you didn't feel like praising God. Sometimes I don't feel like celebrating and I don't feel like rejoicing. Just like I know I shouldn't sin, Just like I know I should love my enemies, Just like I should forgive others, I should be able to Praise God at all times. As servants of God, we are commanded to Praise him.  We shouldn't just go through the paces, we should praise him with the sound of cataracts and rolling thunder. We should praise him with the sound of a massed choir. God is in control, God is sovereign and reigns in Heaven and on Earth. Regardless what we go through in our daily lives, he is in control. Nothing will change that. I should be able to rise above the daily grind, but I don't always do that. 

I might be way off base here. But, I think God understands. He knows who we are and understands our struggles. He is a forgiving and loving God. He is there and with us even when our humanness gets in the way of Praising Him. David went through the same thing as written in the book of Psalms.

 Psalm 42:4-6 4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One[a] with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng. 5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.6 My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

I know I don't deserve it, but his mercy and grace are enough to forgive me even when i don't feel like praising him.  He understands my wailing and my dark times. He wants to turn them into dancing, singing, and praising. He wants to turn my silence into Praising. 


Psalm 30:11-12 11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever.

Doesn't this also mean he understands that I WILL go through times when I just don't feel like praising him, times when i AM silent? 



Dear Lord, I am at your mercy. I know I should Praise you through all things. Yet, I don't. Please forgive me and give me your strength and mercy when I am weak. Thank You Lord for loving me even when I don't deserve it. Amen!

No comments: