Thursday, November 4, 2010

Macho-Macho Man..............NOT!

Revelation 5 (The Message)

 4-5I wept and wept and wept that no one was found able to open the scroll, able to read it. One of the Elders said, "Don't weep. Look—the Lion from Tribe Judah, the Root of David's Tree, has conquered. He can open the scroll, can rip through the seven seals."


Do you remember the Village People? We still play YMCA at basketball games.  It is definitely a crowd participation song. They did another song, "Macho Man". This is a really weird song. What is truly ironic about this song was WHO was singing the song. I would have to say, these guys did not look very macho. I might even say they were the opposite of macho.


Well, I might be slightly more macho than these guys. But there are times when I don't feel very macho.  I am an emotional guy. This is never more true than when I'm touch by God. When I am touched by God it is so easy to Tear-Up and get very emotional.  When I see God's power displayed in someone's life or when I feel the presence of God, I can't hold back the emotions. I feel like a big baby. I don't care.
There are so many critiques of God, people who believe in coincidence more than they believe in the power of God. So many people believe in the knowledge of a doctor, or medicine for their miracle cure. People believe in the power of a therapist or a counselor to put their marriage back together or heal them emotionally. Well, I can tell you from personal experience, the power of God is greater than all of these. I get emotional when I see or witness the direct affect of the power of God. Yep, I am brought to tears just like a baby.  God has gifted man to do so many things. Yet, we are still limited. God has no limits. God can heal any physical or emotional problem. God is amazing and when his power is  unleashed, we should all be amazed and drop to the ground in worship of him.  I don't care if it's not macho. I don't care if people think I'm a baby. The power of God revealed in my life brings me to the knowledge that I AM a big baby.

Dear Lord, I am so amazed at your power and strength. I know I'm not worthy of any miracle you have done in my life. Yet, you, again and again, have brought those miracles to me. I am in awe of you. I worship you and Praise you! Thank You Lord! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

No comments: