Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What a team!

“In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1, 3-5, 12‬ ‭NLT‬‬.  http://bible.com/116/jhn.1.1,3-5,12.nlt

I am starting a new six week study of Jesus through John's eyes. I love this start to the book of John. It is such a wonderfully complete description of Jesus. It also reveals much about our Heavenly Father. I can't help but view God the Father and his Son, Jesus, as the perfect team. I have had the joy to coach some wonderful teams in both cross country and basketball at my high school. I've witnessed some great teams in all level of sports. I have also seen some pretty dynamic duos in business and family life. A team of people that complement each other, that push each other, and support each other is rare and special. God and Jesus are the ultimate team. They worked side by side on everything. I can visualize them as "Giddy" over their creation. It is amazing to know that the Father and Son, with their infinite power, care so deeply about me. Together they bring life to an otherwise dark world. I am blessed through that light, their love, and their joy to be a part of my life. I can't express the overwhelming excitement I feel as I grow in my faith in the Father and Son. I am humbled to be one of the children of God. They are the greatest team of all time.

Believe in them. Accept them. Ask them to guide your life and you will be transformed forever!

No comments: