Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I'm draggin'

“For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/php.1.21.nlt

This is the ultimate place for us to be. If we can get to the point where we love life, but are looking forward to dying even more, that is where God wants us to be.

Our greatest life is living for Christ. I need to focus on this more and more. This time of the year I suffer from the winter blahs in a big way. You would think with the wonderful weather yesterday, (it was 65 degrees and sunny), that I would be instantly cured. It's not just the weather that's got me down, it's the idea that two weeks of rest and relaxation is still over three weeks away. It's not that I hate what I'm doing, I love my life and my job. I give it all I have and when we are over half way through the year, I get tired. I know I still need to give 110%, but my energy level is down. My butt is dragging and I need a break. 

Lord help me to rest.

 Give me rest at home and joy every day. I am truly blessed and if I just look around me, I will clearly view those blessings. Help me to see the joy I have in living for you. Help me to focus more on living for you than the stresses of my daily routine. Bring me back to a daily life completely filled with your love and grace. The best is yet to come. I know that to be true and know you are here to see me through.

Praise God!

No comments: