Monday, February 20, 2017

Study

“For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/heb.4.12.nlt

I really love reading the Bible. Each year I chose a method of study. I have, on many occasions, read through the entire bible. I have used different translations and enjoyed them all. Sometimes I attack, deeper, books instead of the entire Bible. sometimes I use devotionals, following the thoughts of bible scholars. It doesn't really matter! We just need to study the word of God. This is what it means to seek the Lord!

Prayer and study!

How does it change me! Why is it so valuable?

The word of a God has changed me. As I study, contemplate, and apply the principles, I have grown as a follower of Christ. I find decisions make more sense, relationships improve, and my life improves. It's not just about reading the words, it's about taking those words and meshing them within my life.

I praise God for the guidance I receive from his marvelous word!

No comments: