Friday, February 10, 2017

We need to build bridges of love and kindness!

“But Peter and John replied, “Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard.””
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭4:19-20‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/act.4.19-20.nlt

It's been a little over a month since I posted a political post on social media. In some ways it's been the hardest thing to do and in other ways it has been the easiest.

I still have a passion for politics. I am very opinionated. But, I have been convicted by my faith in Jesus Christ to stop the "polarizing " political posts. I have been able to follow that commitment for a little over a month. I have had to fight the urge to jump in the battle. But I believe it is necessary to sit out the constant war of words in our country.

Why?

Our country is deeply divided like never before. Families, coworkers, friends, and aquaintences HATE each other because of their political beliefs. I found myself getting meaner and meaner with every post. I found myself wanting to destroy the other side regardless of who they were.

It's just not worth it.

 I love my colleagues. I certainly love my family. I will NOT post anything that may divide us. if we want our politicians and leaders to work together, we better show them how. If we want solutions to our problems, we better show that we value each other above politics. Anger, resentment, and hate will not help spread the love of Jesus. We need to build bridges of love and kindness. We need to concentrate our lives on serving others even those we disagree with. I want to encourage all my Facebook and twitter families to stop ! Think before you post! Stop offending! Start loving, even your enemy!

No comments: