Monday, February 27, 2017

It's a tough battle.

““Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.”Matthew‬ ‭10:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/mat.10.16.

This life of evangelism is not easy. Satan would like nothing more than to destroy our witness and to make us feel weak and inadequate as followers of Christ. We had a great sermon today pointing out this interesting verse. We are to go out into the world "shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves."

I think snakes are interesting creatures, my wife would not agree. It's amazing how disadvantaged they are yet they overcome their limitations and are extremely adept. No arms, no legs, limited communication skills, and live in pretty adverse conditions. They still thrive. They use everything they have to survive. They have a great sense of the world around them.

As an evangelist I need to do the same. I need to be sensitive of the people I'm with. I need to help soften their hearts. I need to love them.  I need to serve them with every ounce of my being. I have no influence or power on my own. I need to rely on my real power, Jesus, to share his message. I need to serve with no strings and no judgment! That is what I am called to do. The enemy is against me. The world may be against me, but I need to persist. I have been given this mission. The world must know about Jesus.

No comments: