Saturday, February 25, 2017

Passion

“Then his disciples remembered this prophecy from the Scriptures: “Passion for God’s house will consume me.””
‭‭John‬ ‭2:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/jhn.2.17.


How passionate are you for the Gospel? How passionate are you for worship? How passionate are you for witnessing and sharing with the lost?

Jesus passion was evident in so many ways. He demonstrated that perfect passion by destroying the market in the temple! He was passionate about confronting the Pharisees. He was passionate about prayer and service to others. He was so passionate for us he sacrificed his life!

Sometimes I just go through the motions of serving. It's that way sometimes at home.  It's that way sometimes in school. It's that way sometimes in ministry. We need to share our passion for Christ. Why would others want to follow if we don't show the passion he has filled us with? The gospel should consume us with an everlasting passion. We should be exploding with the zest of life. 

Dear Lord, fill me with your passion. I need your spirit to set my mind on you every waking moment. I beg your forgiveness when I just go through the motions. I beg your forgiveness when I let this world interfere with my passion for you and bringing others to know you. I truly love you and worship you. I am honored to be your child! Amen!

No comments: