Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Liars!

18But the old prophet answered, “I am a prophet, too, just as you are. And an angel gave me this command from the lord: ‘Bring him home with you so he can have something to eat and drink.’” But the old man was lying to him. 1 Kings 13:18
It is so important to be critical and hold our leaders to a high standard. This verse gives us a good reason why. It is so easy to be deceived and to accept lies as the truth. I am an avid amateur political analyst. I do not LOVE politics. I do feel it is my duty to listen and learn directly from the candidates. That doesn't mean that I watch the news and let them influence my opinion. I do my own research, listen directly to the candidates, and form my own opinion. That is not necessarily enough. Even with "vetting" the candidates on my own, I am skeptical of all the promises. Lies are too much a part of life. Lies, unfortunately, are a very real fact in politics. It greatly saddens me that our leaders feel it necessary to lie to us, the people they serve.We are all sinful and fall short of the glory of the Lord. We can not trust our leaders. The are also sinners and the power they seek corrupts. Even the great WISE King Solomon eventually fell to the power that he acquired. He lied to the Lord. He lost his power. But, we can trust the Lord. My true leader, Jesus Christ, never lied and has never abandon me. He is the leader among leaders. His death and resurrection were promised. He followed through. He rescues me every day and provides me with his strength in impossible times. I am 55 years old and I have followed Christ for over 40 years. He is real. His love is real. His promises are real. He is my strength and my savior. Praise God for his love and mercy! 

No comments: