Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I'm getting Old

“And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside. Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing.”
Psalms 71:9 NLT.    http://bible.com/116/psa.71.9.nlt

This verse is repeated twice in this Psalms. I'm not quite old enough to worry about being "set aside". I certainly can feel my "old age". I was helping my daughter pack for the big move, carrying boxes up and down steps, lifting,  and loading. At the end of the weekend I was exhausted. I love to help because I feel valued. What happens when I can no longer help? Will I lose my value? Will I be set aside in my failing strength?

I love getting older. I look forward to the new phase of my life when I retire. I love seeing the grandkids growing up. I love seeing life go by , now, at a more peaceful pace than ever before. Life is slowing down. Yet, I feel so valued and loved by many. I appreciate not being cast aside and I'm not worried. At some point that may change, but I don't dwell on it. I choose to think of my great past and the wonderful love and support I have right here and right now. I have heard it said we are not getting older, we are getting better. With the power of Jesus in your life, that will definitely be true. Jesus will never cast me aside. I am so blessed to have been saved by Jesus. I look forward to ALL of my life here on Earth but I am also looking forward to life in Eternity. Praise God for his love and kindness. 

Dear Lord, I am honored and blessed to belong to you. I am humbled that you are with me every day of my life. I know you will not abandon me. Out of all the things I fear, that is not one of them. I praise you for a wonderfully blessed life. I praise you for the peace that I feel every day I walk with you. As I age, Lord, help me to do it gracefully and with dignity. Help me to realize my value and the value of others as they age into the last years of their life here on earth. Amen!


No comments: