Sunday, March 6, 2016

God delights in ME!

17“He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. 18He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me. 19They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the lord supported me. 20He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me. 21The lord rewarded me for doing right; he restored me because of my innocence. 2 Samuel 22:17-21


I don't think I am different than most people. I have great days and bad days. Sometimes things are going perfectly and sometimes I am stressed beyond belief.  The past couple of days have been wonderful. Friday I was blessed with a wonderful worship experience at the "Third Day" concert. Yesterday, I had a great day with my CMA family at our monthly meeting and blessing area motorcycle dealerships.  

I find God reaching down and rescuing me quite often. Even when I am not down in the depths, I still feel I am being lifted up. I do NOT need to sink to the bottom to be rescued by my loving Heavenly Father. I hope that comforts each of you. I have seen it. I have felt his presence. I have felt his mighty hand reach down and grab me, setting me in a safe place. I can stress about school stuff, family stuff, or just personal issues, but God brings me through. Many times people don't even know of the stress. It's not big enough to share. It doesn't matter. I am still rescued. 

Why? Why does God feel the need or at least have the desire to rescue me? 

God delights in me! 

It seems a little arrogant to say. It seems a little self centered to say the creator of the universe "delights" in me. I know how imperfect I am and how my life has been anything but worthy. So why does he delight in me? 

I have asked God to take my life and make it his. I have repented of my sin. I have committed to sharing the Gospel. This doesn't make me perfect in real life. It DOES make me perfect in the eyes of God. His grace and mercy doesn't see the same thing you see. He sees only his perfection in me. He can delight in me because he doesn't see the sin and he doesn't see my flaws. I praise him and am humbled by that perfect grace. That alone gives me hope.

Dear Lord, I am thrilled with my life. You see my ups and downs, my good and bad, and my joy and pain. You are my rock. You are my rescuer. You are my love and I am honored that you delight in me. Please Lord, continue to take my life and make it your own. Take everything I am and use it for your glory. Help me in every daily interaction. Help me in every word I speak and thought I have. Make them your thoughts and your words. I love you Lord. I praise you for taking me in out of the muck and mire! Praise God! Amen!



No comments: