Wednesday, March 9, 2016

High Standards

17When David saw the angel, he said to the lord, “I am the one who has sinned and done wrong! But these people are as innocent as sheep—what have they done? Let your anger fall against me and my family.” 2 Samuel 24:17I have recently found out that at least one of my students has been reading this blog. It really surprised me. I REALLY don't write this for other people. I have been writing this blog for nearly 6 years. It started as a way to keep me focused on my daily bible readings. It has helped me think and reflect on the Bible, which I believe is the most powerful part of my faith. It changes my thoughts quite a bit knowing my students and other people read what I am writing. In many ways it puts pressure on me to do this right. So, I am excited and nervous at the same time that my students read what I write. Just like in the rest of my life, this blog is not perfect. There are not any areas of my life where I am perfect. One of my greatest skills is Math. Even with Math, I am not perfect. As I am helping students I hate it when I get something wrong. Students will have me check their work. They count on me to double check to see if they are making any errors. When I let them down it bothers me, a lot. I try to make sure that doesn't happen too often.My life is exactly the same, I am always concerned that I will not meet the standards of my faith. I am far from perfect in life, just like I am not the perfect mathematician. That is one of the reasons for this blog. This blog helps me keep my life straight and heading down the path of faith. I need the pressure of my students and others that are reading this blog to keep me from making TOO many mistakes. My biggest fear is to let my God down because I lead someone down the wrong path. I am careful to show real care for my students and others I meet. I want to be Jesus in their lives. That is a TALL order. I can't do it on my own. I need help.
Dear Lord, Help me with my life. Make it an example for others. Help guide me to make the right choices. Help me to follow your plans and your guidance 24 hours a day. I can't do it within my own power. I need you, your mercy, your strength, and your grace. I love you and thank you for this wonderful life you have set before me. I am humbled by your love. Thank You. Amen!

No comments: