Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What to pray for!

“And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-10 NLT)

I had a wonderful day Thursday. The weather was breaking 50 degrees and their was an afternoon full of sunshine. God planned it this way so I could ride. Yes, he did it so I could ride. I didn't just ride. I went to support an ALR chaplain in the last stages with his fight with cancer. It was his birthday and the area motorcyclists went to his house to sing happy birthday. He got what would likely be his last motorcycle ride. It was a great outpouring of love.

We didn't get an opportunity to pray for him. He's a strong Christian and even praised God while we were there. So I was standing there thinking how to pray for this guy. If I prayed for him to get healed here on this planet, wouldn't that potentially keep him away from paradise. Wouldn't that prayer be a little selfish? I think most people feel uncomfortable praying for some one going through illness and facing imminent death. Selfishly we want to heal them. But, we know the ultimate healing is with Jesus in Heaven. So I pray for Gods will. If he chooses to keep this man here a little longer Praise God. If he chooses to call him home, praise God. 

May Gods will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven!

No comments: