Sunday, March 15, 2015

HiHo HiHo it's off to work I go!

The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. (Genesis 2:15 NIV)

I really love my job. I can't imagine doing anything else. As a matter of fact, I've enjoyed my lifetime of work. I have never dreaded Monday's or avoided work. Recently, I have thought more about retirement, but it's not because I don't like what I'm doing, it's because I'm excited to jump into another adventure. I'm not looking to sit around doing nothing. I WILL work, I just don't know doing what. That is exciting. 

I know many people that look at work as gruesome toil. They hate what they're doing. My advice: Do something else! God did not mean work to be hated. He assigned Adam work BEFORE the fall. Only after son entered our lives did work get harder. So work was not meant to be punishment. God even called it good. 

I have been appointed, by my Heavenly Father, a school teacher at GHS. I am blessed to serve him through my occupation. Are you blessed to work like I am? Maybe if people would look at work as a blessing, Monday mornings would be a joyful reunion after the weekend instead of a drudgery. If you are not in a job you love, you need to do everything you can to find one that you do.

Lord Jesus, thank you for my life filled with work, thank you for my current job and the wonderful, adventurous career path I have travelled. May I always remember the blessing of serving the students at GHS! You are wondeful, powerful, and majestic. Praise God!

No comments: