Thursday, March 19, 2015

Morning by Morning new mercies I see!

The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT)

I had forgotten about this verse until now! When I read it I instantly thought of the great hymn "Great is Thy Faithfullness." It is so fitting this time of year when the snow has melted and the temperatures are slowly starting to rise. The sunshine brightens our mood and there is an air of hope. Yes, it is spring time.  The seasons are like a microcosm of our lives. God says we will go through troubles. We will endure the "winters" of our lives. But, spring always comes. Morning always follows darkness. 

My life is very much like the changing of the seasons. Just look back on the past posts of this blog and you will see marvelous springtimesf that come after horrible winters. Pain and suffering in life are not permanent. They last only a short season. God promises it and he also promises if you rely on him you will emerge victorious even defeating death. I know it to be true because I also have endured the trials of life, poor decisions, and sickness. But Great is his faithfulness! I am now in the springtime of my life. I see nothing but Gods mercies! Praise God!

Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for your wonderful Faithfullness and the great mercies you renew every morning of my life. I am humbled by your love and grace. May I serve you everyday through my thoughts, words, and deeds. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise him all creatures here below. Amen and Amen!

No comments: