Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Back to basics!

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1 NLT)

Everything begins and ends with God. The Bible contains the  amazing story of God, our creator. I have a tendency to complicate life. I think we all do that, at times. I get so involved with daily life, I forget the simplest facts like , In the beginning..... , Jesus loves me, and for God so loved the world..... Those world stopping words are a lot more powerful than anything I can say or hear in the middle of a busy day at school. 

My life always gets so busy. Life gets exhausting, but God did not mean it to be that way. It's us, we are the ones responsible for going beyond his plan. I need to get back to the simple things of life....... God, nothing else matters. I need to concentrate on that one thing, God, my creator, my Heavenly Father. 

God deserves top billing in our complicated, hectic lives. God should not be placed at the end of a long day where he can be ignored when you're tired. He deserves more than a passing word as we wake. He needs to be the center of our universe. He need to be THE focus not A focus.

Dear Lord, forgive me for how I complicate my life, filling it with useless activities that drown you out of my life. Help me to filter those useless moments so I can truly be focused on your. Help me take time to relax in your arms instead of feeling rushed whenever we get together. I praise you that you can still love me despite these huge flaws. Thank you for your love, patience, and kindness.Amen!

No comments: