Saturday, March 14, 2015

Finally, I think I get it!

And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:27-28 NLT)

Im not always the sharpest tool in the shed! I've been a Christian for 40 years and I'm just now starting to understand. I don't know how many countless times I have read these verses, but the meaning never seemed as obvious as it does now. 

God has sent the Holy Spirit to watch over me. He did this because I have committed my life to him. The Holy Spirit knows what I need and intercedes for me with my Heavenly Father. And THAT is how all things work for the good of those that love God. I don't have to know what to pray or how to pray. I just need to pray! The Holy Spirit speaks for me. The Holy Spirit is my interpreter and intercessor. 

I know, some of you are saying duh, you didn't know that? Like I said, I'm a little slow. 

What this does for me is confirm how I should pray! I don't have to be specific. Even if I just moan in anguish, the Holy Spirit intercedes with words and God knows what is needed. I don't need to know the details of my grandkids lives, or my daughters, or the lost, or my coworkers. As I pray, the spirit knows, and speaks the needed words.

Praise God, thank you for the gift of the spirit. Thank you for forming the words I can't. I am humbled that you placed us above your own son, sacrificing him so we could live in eternity. Thank you Lord for your great love!


No comments: