Saturday, March 7, 2015

Don't forget

Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise! Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy! Let the trees of the forest sing for joy before the LORD, for he is coming! He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with justice, and the nations with his truth. (Psalms 96:11-13 NLT)

Be glad, rejoice, shout his praise, burst out with joy, sing for joy! I think I see a pattern! 

If you read this blog on a regular basis or you see my social media posts you know I've been on a roll lately. I've discussed one controversial topic and then another. It's draining and can really drag you down. If you look at the entirety of this globe we occupy you would agree there is not a lot of positive. 

I need to remember who I am!

I am a child of the most high God and if I can keep that in focus, I can do all these things. It really is a strategy of the deceiver. If he can get our focus off Jesus he will destroy us. If he gets us thinking of all the division in the world, the stress, the strife, conflict, and bitterness, we will forget Jesus. 

Not this guy!

I will ignore all the world to focus on the joy of my salvation. Even through the turmoil of life, I can have real joy. I see hope. I know it's strange to say when we even see a great divide among believers. Jesus is my hope, my strength, my redeemer. Praise God for the hope that awaits me in eternity.

No comments: