Monday, March 9, 2015

This is a perfect example!

The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. (Psalms 32:8 NLT)

This verse is a perfect example of what I've been talking about. 

For years I've fought and argued with God about the direction in my life. I thought because I was a Christian my life would naturally be Gods direction. I was wrong. I made decisions thinking God was guiding me, but it wasn't God I was listening to, it was my own prideful, selfish, sinful heart. Ah, a flaw in my thinking. I blamed the trials of my life on Gods will. I claimed the suffering was just God teaching me some valuable lesson. Ah, another flaw in my thinking. 

God does have a plan for my life AND it is the best plan! BUT, I have to listen to his advice. When he speaks I need to listen. I need to act on his guidance. God has never and WILL never force his guidance upon us. We need to take that advice and act upon it. Even as christians if we are not communicating with Jesus, if we are not listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, if we are not acting on that guidance, we will not see the best pathway of life. I truly believe the greatest barrier to life is ourselves. So often we suffer, not because of God teaching us some lesson, but because we refuse to listen and act on Gods wisdom. Christianity is more than just turning your life to Christ. Sure, that step is critical and is life changing in that we are promised eternity, but we miss the rest of the blessing if we stop there. Even when we make the wonderul decision to follow him, we need to keep pursuing him. We need to earnestly search for truth. We need to dig into his word, and we need to begin a lifelong two way relationship filled with debate, support, and love. When we pursue God with all of our heart, Gods blessing overflow!

Dear Lord, forgive me for ignoring your word. Forgive me for thinking I know best . Forgive me for blaming you for my trials and struggles. I know you have this wonderul path laid out for me, if I will just trust you fully. I love you Lord and the older I get the clearer that pathway becomes. I am awed by the wonder of your grace. I am amazed by the depth of your love. I promise Lord to seek you more every day. Thank you Lord in advanced for what you are going in my life. Amen!


No comments: