Friday, March 6, 2015

Is the Bible true?

Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully. Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees! Then I will not be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands. As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should! I will obey your decrees. Please don’t give up on me! (Psalms 119:1-8 NLT)


Is the word of God, his holy scripture inerrant? 

I have to say unequivocally yes it is God breathed and completely infallible. But, what that doesn't say is, I don't get it all the time. Let's be clear......... I said I believe the Bible is unfalible. That doesn't mean I'm in fallible in my application of those truths. There is a big difference.

I believe the bible is the word of God and is meant as a message to help us rule our lives and deal with the issues of our day. I have seen the truths of the Bible through my own life. I have seen the hand of God and how it directs my daily life. Every day I see how real and true it is, not because somebody told me to believe it, but because I see it being true to ME. So I believe God is real, Jesus came to cleanse us, he's coming back, I have an eternal home in heaven and I believe the words of the Bible are absolutely true. 

I've read this wondeful book completely several times and I study it nearly every day. I can not pick and choose what to believe. I can't follow what I like and disregard the rest. I won't do it! I will not doubt it's truth, but I strongly admit I don't always understand it and I don't always apply it the way God intended. Nonetheless I will follow it as God places each issue in my heart. I won't claim to be perfect but I do claim the spirit of the Lord will steer me through the unknowns. I will follow my heart because I have turned it over to Jesus. I'm not saying my own sinfullness doesn't lead to some poor decisions., because I know it does. Praise God for his word.  

Dear Lord, thank you for the truths in your holy word. I ask you to help me apply those truths in my life and dealing with the people I meet everyday. Help those truths to be seen in me as I write this blog, travel, minister with CMA, work with students, and live with my family. I only want to do your will. Defeat my sinfullness so that you can shine through me. I praise you and love you. Amen.

No comments: