Monday, July 28, 2014

Beyond the Christmas list prayer!

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:16 NIV)

I am a prayer warrior! I love to pray. I do it on a regular basis. I can't say I don't have times where I'm not consistent. But, for the past 15 years, or so, I have prayed! The power of prayer is unbelievable to those who haven't done it. It's life changing. To approach the throne of God with your life is amazing. Every time I pray, I am filled with the knowledge of mercy and grace. Every night, every morning, I am reminded of the grace and mercy I receive through Jesus. 

I remember the first times I prayed, beyond the emergency prayer of distress. Beyond the Christmas list prayer for "Santa Jesus". I remember getting on my knees in my living room in Elkhart, Indiana after reading a book. The book was how to grow spiritually strong kids. The focus of the book surprised me. It said the key to Jesus centered kids was a Jesus centered Dad. It said you can't bring your kids to know Jesus on a personal basis if YOU don't know him on a personal basis and even then you need the power of the creator of the universe to change your kids. We can't successfully navigate life without approaching the throne of God in confidence that he will be there and respond. Not confidence in ourselves, but confidence in him!

Your life might be in turmoil right now, pray to God. Your life might be perfect right now, pray to God. You might be blessed beyond your wildest imagination, pray to God! You may be in the deepest depression ever, pray to God. There is no reason to wait to pray! Every time is the right time. Pray! Go beyond the lists of wants, approach the throne and just enjoy the presence of God! You are invited by the Creator of the Universe to talk, scream, cry, plead, and listen. Praise a God for this wonderful blessing.

No comments: