Monday, July 28, 2014

Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God (1 John 3:21 NIV)

The truth of this verse is, our hearts do condemn us. 

First I should say, there is truth. There is right and wrong. There is a plan which is perfect. God's plan is perfect AND we know in our hearts the plan. We know clearly right from wrong and we know the things that separate us from our God.

Our problem........My problem, is not listening to my heart. To often I listen to the voice of the world. To often I listen to my sinful nature and shut out the voice that comes from my heart. That voice is the direct voice of the Spirit of God. When I asked God in to my life he set permanent residence in my heart. The Holy Spirit is there speaking to me throughout my entire day. I just need to listen.

I need to learn to listen to the voice of God. I find I am a bt were listener when I focus on daily bible study, fellowship with other Christians, and prayer. If I don't do these things the voice of God is ignored, blown off, ignored. 

Set up a plan.

It takes only about 15 or 20 minutes in the morning to study the bible and pray. There are hundreds of plans set up to help you study the word. Prayer at bedtime and more study, again, takes only another 15 or 20 minutes. You have the power to draw closer to God and gain confidence in his presence. Fill your heart with the things of God and watch the magic of your salvation explode before your very eyes.

No comments: