Friday, July 11, 2014

Real stories of the power of God!

Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” (John 11:40 NIV)

I have seen the glory of God! Ok, I haven't seen a "Lazarus" brought back to life after four days of death. I have HEARD stories of people coming back to life, but never witnessed it. God's glory can be seen in many other situations. 

I have seen the glory of God through my marriage. He led me to a wonderful wife as a high school student and when no one thought it could work, he gave his blessing. The Lord brought us together and helped us stand up against those that said it could not endure. It is his glory that has forged a wonderful loving family and brought us through life's many struggles.

It's not through my power, but through the glory of God. I have a daughter that wasn't supposed to be able to walk. We were told it would be best to abort her.  Through the Glory of God, she is a beautiful woman, living on her own,( too far for her dad in my opinion), and a miracle as powerful as the resurrection of Lazarus. 

have seen the glory of God through my three daughters and the growth of their families and the trials they have faced.

I have seen the glory of God through a significant career change with months of no real salary, supporting a family, to survive and thrive in the field of education working with young people.

I have been rescued from financial ruin, of my own doing, to live a truly blessed life with no scars of the trauma and truly grew spiritually through the entire experience. That's the glory of God.

I have blown a tire on a motorcycle traveling 75 mph, been able to slow the motorcycle to a safe stop on the side of the road, by no power of my own. That's the glory of a God.

I have been blessed to be a part of ministry throughout my life and see people come to The Lord, first in Youth ministry, then in teaching adult Sunday school, and now being a member of the Christian Motorcyclist Association. All of this through the power of the glory of The Lord. 

I have countless experiences I can point directly to the glory of The Lord. I know similar stories of lives changed through the glory of God. My friends, my family, and my coworkers all have powerful stories of God's glory. I have heard stories from strangers that move me to my knees through the glory of a God. God is alive and active here and now. He has transformed me and continues to do so. I am not finished witnessing his power. I am more aware of his power now than ever before in my life. His glory, his power, his love,is real, it's active, and it's powerful! I love you Lord! Thank you for revealing your glory to me every day of my life.




No comments: