Monday, July 11, 2011

Who do you look up to?

Psalm 123

 1Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
 2Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
 3Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
 4Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

I'm all of 5'7" tall. I look up to a lot of people. When you are as short as I am, you spend most of your life looking up to people. But, even if I visually look up at alot of people, I don't really look up to that many people. To lift my eyes to someone means I respect them so much that I want to be like them. I have always looked up to my Dad, I have always looked up to my mom. I have looked up to my wife with great respect. I have had bosses, pastors, friends, and relatives that I have looked up to. But, you can't lift your eyes any higher than Heaven. You can't lift your eyes any higher than the creator of the universe. When God sent his son to this Earth, he gave us someone to look up to. He gave us the ultimate vision for our life. We will never attain that sinless perfection, but we certainly look up to that perfection in awe. We look up to Christ as the perfection of our own faith. He gave the perfect sacrifice for us and calls us to live a life for him.  But, my eyes are ultimately fixed on Jesus. Praise God he loves me and is my savior. Praise God he will come again for each of us and rescue us again from thie life for eternity. 

No comments: