Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Serve, where you are, who you're with!

Psalm 134

A song of ascents.
 1 Praise the LORD, all you servants of the LORD
   who minister by night in the house of the LORD.
2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
   and praise the LORD.
 3 May the LORD bless you from Zion,
   he who is the Maker of heaven and earth.

I have a job that is not terribly difficult but requires a lot of hours. I get to school at about 7:30am and on most "normal" nights don't get home until after 9pm. I might get to go home for an hour after school. But, for the most part I'm there from sun-up to sun-down. I'm not complaining, but it does prevent me from doing a lot of volunteer ministry.  Since I have been with CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association) I have really enjoyed the time I've been able to spend ministering to motorcyclists. The more I get involved, the more I want to be involved. I think the Holy Spirit is working on me. 

There are a lot of people in this world that spend there days working 8 hours and then find the time to minister at night. They are committed to working as volunteers at church or in homeless shelters, or missions, or visiting the sick or elderly or many other local and national ministries. They love the Lord so much they have to spend every waking moment serving him. Honestly, these people also minister while at work or wherever they go 24/7. The Holy Spirit has filled their hearts so much they are compelled to serve. Praise God for these people.

Lord, Fill my heart with your love. Fill me with the burning desire to serve you morning, noon, and night. Give me the wisdom to serve where I am, to those I'm with. Help me t o have the heart of a servant at all times. Give me opportunities to share your word. I Love you Lord, Thank you for Loving me. Amen!

No comments: