Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What if?

Psalm 124

 1If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say;
 2If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us:
 3Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:
 4Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
 5Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
 6Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.
 7Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
 8Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Have you ever thought where you would be without the protection of the Lord. I can't even imagine. I can sight example on top of example how God has protected me and my family. People who do not believe in the Power of God, would call it luck or coincidence. I call it the protection of the Holy Spirit. What keeps you from going through an intersection at a time when someone blows through the stop sign? What causes you to follow one career path instead of another? What causes you to marry one person instead of another? What causes you to choose life instead of an abortion? Some people call it "Chance". As a follower of Jesus Christ, I believe the Holy Spirit guides my life. Nothing is by chance. My life is where it is right now because God has brought me here. God has the perfect plan for my life. God is in control. 

Praise God he has a plan for me, a plan to guide be through this life to the eternal life that awaits me. Thank You, Lord, for your protection. Thank You for your hand in my life. Help me to realize that even when things are going against me that all things work together for good. I know you Love me and are only want the best for my life. Praise God!

No comments: