Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Year brings Hope!

Psalm 131

A song of ascents. Of David.
 1 My heart is not proud, LORD,
   my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
   or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
   I am like a weaned child with its mother;
   like a weaned child I am content.
 3 Israel, put your hope in the LORD
   both now and forevermore.

Tomorrow I head back into the office fulltime to get ready for the upcoming school year. Vacation is behind me and it is now full steam ahead to the first Athletic Practices in 1 week and then the start of school in a month. As I look back at the summer, I have had a great break. I can always tell I had a good break because I am ready to go back and I am content. I have spent the past 4 weeks not worrying about anything of substance. I have quieted myself and have been calm the entire time. 

My hope for this year is the same as every year. I hope that God will work through me at GHS. I hope that I can do what is best for the kids. I want to prepare them for their future and hope they can see Christ in me as I do my job. I hope I handle controversy in an honorable way. I hope that I will respond to those who oppose me and this school in a positive manner. I hope that our student-athletes handle success and failure in that same positive manner. I hope to have a servants heart to the administration, school board, faculty, staff, students, and community.   I hope I can love, even the un-lovable. Lord give me the strength to do your will, to be your hands, and feet at GHS. I thank you for your love. I thank you for your protection and guidance in all that I do. I love you Lord. Amen!

No comments: