Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Children's Children

Psalm 128

A song of ascents.
 1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
   who walk in obedience to him.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
   blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
   within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
   around your table.
4 Yes, this will be the blessing
   for the man who fears the LORD.

 5 May the LORD bless you from Zion;
   may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
   all the days of your life.
6 May you live to see your children’s children—
   peace be on Israel.


I don't know if you have figured this out. I'm a proud Gramps! I am just so proud how my daughters are raising their kids. Klayton, Lauren, and Hannah know and love Jesus so much. I am sure Ayla and (Steven Michael) will also love Jesus. It is easy for them to make that choice because they see it modeled in their parents every day. I'm not saying their perfect. They get their orneriness from their Granny! I'm sure they will make mistakes along the way, they are human. But, I get so excited watching them grow up and mature. If you want the secret to raising kids this way. I wish I could take the credit. I'm not even sure why I'm so blessed. I have to admit I have prayed a lot for my kids. I prayed for their spouses before they even met them. (Yes, yours too Kelley.) I also pray constantly for my grandkids. I can't say these prayers are anything special. Many times I don't even know what to pray for . But, I always pray that they will grow closer to the Lord.  I pray that their hearts and minds will be open to his guidance and that he will speak to them in a powerful way as they grow up.

Praise you Lord for allowing me to watch my children's children grow up. I have been blessed with many things in my life, but this has to be one of the best blessings I could ever receive. Praise God!

No comments: