Saturday, July 9, 2011

God Speaks to me - I'm hearing parables!

My wife Stephanie and I returned this week from Vacation. What a great trip. We traveled over 5000 miles by motorcycle through Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois.  We have taken 6 of these trips over the past 6 years. 3 out of these 6 trips, we have had some type of mechanical issues with the motorcycle. (two different motorcycles) I think Stephanie would agree that these trips have been very important for us. We have very little time to spend with each other, uninterrupted, through out the year. We are in constant service to our school, community, and CMA ministry. This time is for us to relax, enjoy each other, and reconnect with God. Yet, we have had some costly motorcycle repairs come from these trips and some severe stress. This year was the 3rd incident.

We were traveling down I-80 just outside of Green River, Wyoming. I was traveling at about 70 mph when I heard a popping noise. Stephanie asked if I felt the vibration. I said no, that it was probably just the grooves in the road. Then I did feel it. We had just blown a tire. I kept repeating for Stephanie to hold on. As I let off the throttle the wobbling got worse. I thought for sure we were going to crash. We didn't. But, we now had a tire to replace. Thanks to AAA, and the grace of God, the only damage done was to our wallet and our nerves.

I believe God is in control of my life. I pray constantly for his guidance and study his word to learn of his plan for my life. I specifically pray that he reveal to me and teach me his ways. So, when something like this happens I automatically try to find out what God is trying to say through this incident? As a matter of fact I know he is speaking to me. The problem is, sometimes, I'm deaf to his voice. Just like hearing the parables. Sometimes, I hear them but do not understand. I am so deaf to Gods beautiful voice. I can certainly say, through the other two incidents, I felt he was speaking to me in a specific way. The first incident I thought he was telling me not to be so selfish and self-centered. (I'm still working on that.) The second, I thought he was trying to teach me to rely on him and to let me know that HE IS IN CONTROL of all things.

So, what is he trying to tell me with this most recent incident? I'm not sure, yet. I know he is and I know that at some point the ear lugs will come out and I will actually hear what he is trying to say.

I thank God for his protection on our trip. I truly believe he saved us from the imminent crash. He provided us with a great , restful trip and I praise him for the way he has shown his love for me. I pray that he opens my ears so I can hear his voice. I pray that I will be open to his leading and guidance for every moment the rest of my life.

You are an amazing God. I know you are speaking, I just hope I can hear you.

No comments: