Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas = Family Treasure

Luke 2:19 (New International Version, ©2010)

19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.

Tomorrow I get to share Christmas Eve with my daughters and grandkids. (Except Kelley, Darn it!) I have my annual shopping trip first thing in the morning. I hate shopping, but one day a year I go, by myself, and I really enjoy it. Tomorrow is the day! 
McKenzie and Lindsae will be coming in the afternoon with their families. Lindsae and Brian are staying over night so we can share Christmas morning with them and Ayla. Christmas mornings are amazing treasures. I remember the magic of these mornings when the girls were home. I remember the time we just barely got home from Riley Hospital to enjoy Christmas morning. I remember each of our homes and each of the special mornings with the girls. I can't wait 'til tomorrow and Christmas morning.

As I get older and older, I notice that I am starting to treasure the times with my kids and grandkids even more. Not just Christmas, but all the times we have together. It seems just like yesterday Kelley graduated, Lauren was born, McKenzie and Jeff were getting married, Lindsae and Brian were getting married and Hannah and Ayla were born. They are all getting older and wiser. The greatest treasure is how these families are all devoted to Jesus. There is not enough money or Christmas gifts in the world to surpass the joy of knowing your kids love the Lord.  It is a treasure worth more than all the silver and gold on this planet!

Dear Lord, Thank you for my family. I ask you to take care of these special treasures. Please be with all my girls, their husbands, my grandkids, and my wife. Thank you for providing special times to be shared with my family. I know these times are gifts straight from you. Thank You Lord. Thank You! Amen!

No comments: