Saturday, December 11, 2010

14 more days!

Luke 1:48-51 (New International Version, ©2010)

48 for he has been mindful
   of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
 
49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
   holy is his name. 
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
   from generation to generation. 
51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
   he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.



14 more days until Christmas. I know, it's kind of childish to still do a Christmas count down. But, Christmas is such an exciting time of the year. I just love the traditions of Christmas. Our Christmas tree is filled with decorations we have accumulated over the years. We have an Angel on top that has been with Stephanie and I for a very long time. Last year the lights finally went out. So, we went to WalMart and got a short set and I replaced the light set. It was not easy without damaging the fragile symbol. We couldn't do without that Angel. We also have a tree skirt that Stephanie made. The girls still argue about which side needs to go up. One side is red and the other side green.  We have the girls stockings that Steph made and all sorts of keepsake bulbs.  Our kids have started  many of their own collections and traditions. They are the next generation!

I am so fortunate to have a wife, daughters, and grandkids that love Christmas and the traditions. I am blessed because they also love the Lord. They are the next generation to know of Mary and her great place in the coming of our Savior. They are the next generation to be blessed by the mercy of God. I also know that the traditions started by my Mom and Dad, and their parents before them, will be continued to the next generation through my kids and grandkids. They will cherish their own angels and decorations because of the memories they bring. They will love the gifts and more importantly the times they shared. They will have a hope because God chose to send his son to us as a tiny baby. They will know and cherish the sacrifice of that Son to save us for eternity. They will have the joy of sharing that story with their own families and friends. I hope and pray they will have a part in bringing others to know our Savior. May that story always be shared from generation to generation.

No comments: