Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Glory to God in 2010 and more in 2011!

Luke 2:13-14 (New International Version, ©2010)


 13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
 14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
   and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”



Every year I get nostalgic around Christmas time. Things always start slowing down for a short couple of weeks. The fast paced AD's life of tournaments, contests, and preparation for the next season, fade away for a short time and I can look back at the year. It has been a great year.

One of the highlights of this year has to be my CMA memories. Stephanie and I made a big commitment this year to get more involved with CMA. From the International Motorcycle Show in February, Seasons of Refreshing in April, Run for the Son, CMA Church visits, No Borders Rally, State Rally, Cross n Dagger, and various other rides, I had a great year on the Harley. I love the idea that God can use anything and anyone for his purposes.

I am nothing special but I have found that I am so blessed the more time I spend praising God. I have found the more I commit my time and resources to the kingdom of God, the more peace I am given.  I challenge all of you to look at your commitment level to Jesus Christ before we start the new year, 2011. The great company of angels that sang praises to God on this Christmas night can tell you of the special rewards that await you. All we have to do is give all the praise and glory to our most high God and then we will experience the greatest peace and blessings our lives can imagine. We don't have to be perfect all we need to do is praise him continuously.

I hope that this time next year you can look back on your year with fondness and say how blessed you are because of the goodness of your Father! “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”


Dear Lord, We praise you for your love and the peace and joy you grant us. I am not deserving but you grant us favor anyway. Thank you Lord for a great 2010. Thank you for the CMA ministry. Help us to do more to praise you in 2011. Help us to bring others to know of your love and grace. Amen!


No comments: