Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Invite a Biker to Church!

James 2 (The Message)

 1-4My dear friends, don't let public opinion influence how you live out our glorious, Christ-originated faith. If a man enters your church wearing an expensive suit, and a street person wearing rags comes in right after him, and you say to the man in the suit, "Sit here, sir; this is the best seat in the house!" and either ignore the street person or say, "Better sit here in the back row," haven't you segregated God's children and proved that you are judges who can't be trusted?

As you know, I hang out with Bikers. I guess I'm a biker. Leather, Loud Pipes, and the sheer joy of riding are my definition of a great day! Our CMA (christian motorcyclist association) chapter visits a lot of churches. We get a few strange looks by the church regulars until they realize we are christians too. I love my chapter and the goals of CMA. CMA takes Christ to people who won't/don't attend church. We host events that are not designed for the christian biker, but they are designed for NON-christian bikers. (It's not the healthy who need a doctor.) Our organization is all about building relationships with people that most christians feel are hopeless. I love it! Many of the people I've met have dealt with drug and alcohol problems, they have family issues, they struggle with jobs and money. I guess they're like all the rest of us!
I wonder if I would be welcome in your church wearing my leather vest, my boots, and riding into the parking lot on my Harley! Is your church only for the "Healthy" christians? Our Church has a mission "Restoring our communities with Christ, one life at a time." I'm not looking to make Christians more Christiany. I want to help those people who don't know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. I want to introduce them to my savior! I don't care what they look like. I don't care what their life is like. I don't care what they wear or what they like to do in their spare time. They don't have to wear a suit to get a front row seat in my church. I just want them to be with me in paradise. If you don't know a biker, I bet you know someone who society considers "undesirable". Why don't you spend time, get to know them, and invite them to  your church. Make sure you give them the best seat in the house!

No comments: