Saturday, October 30, 2010

Impressive!

 Revelation 2 (The Message)
18Write this to Thyatira, to the Angel of the church. God's Son, eyes pouring fire-blaze, standing on feet of furnace-fired bronze, says this: 19"I see everything you're doing for me. Impressive! The love and the faith, the service and persistence. Yes, very impressive! You get better at it every day.
What are you impressed by? I am so impressed and amazed by people that are humble and normal people. I am so impressed by people who war thrust into the spotlight and still hold to their beliefs. I am greatly impressed by the single mom who juggles work, family, and faith. I am so impressed with christians in foreign countries who battle through persecution and still share their faith. I am so impressed with Pastors who work for the Lord and do not get brought down by material things and set a great example for their flocks. I am so impressed by people who are battling cancer and refuse to blame God. I am impressed by these same cancer patients who not only won't blame God but Praise him all the way to their death. 

In this message to Thatira, God is impressed with Love and Faith and Service and Persistence. I want to be known as a person who Loves others unconditionally and without exception. I want to be known as a man who has such a strong faith that I would defend it unto death. I want to be known as a Man who puts others first even at a sacrifice to himself. I want to be known as a man who does not give up on others, a man who prays without ceasing for the lost. I know I haven't done anything to impress God. But, my Life goal is to serve him and at the end of my life to be known as a Good and Faithful servant.

Dear Lord, I know I have a long way to go to be the person you want me to be. Help me Lord, give me direction and wisdom to continue to improve every day. I want to do it all for you! Amen!

No comments: