Friday, October 29, 2010

In the shadow of Mordor

Revelation 2 (The Message)


To Pergamum

 12Write this to Pergamum, to the Angel of the church. The One with the sharp-biting sword draws from the sheath of his mouth—out come the sword words: 13"I see where you live, right under the shadow of Satan's throne. But you continue boldly in my Name; you never once denied my Name, even when the pressure was worst, when they martyred Antipas, my witness who stayed faithful to me on Satan's turf.

Do you remember in the Lord of the Rings -- Mordor. It was so depressing

You can just feel the evil and the gloom. When I watch the news or deal with broken families at school I get the feeling of gloom and doom. When you see the way that our country has turned from God and how anti-christian our society is getting, it is easy to get depressed. When you see the murder and senseless  destruction of babies, or the extreme poverty, homelessness, and famine, you can be overwhelmed with depression.
But, we/I need to continue boldly  in the name of Jesus. Even when the pressure is at it's worst and we fight our battle on Satan's turf, God is with us. We need to persevere. We need to realize that God is in control. God defeats Satan. These earthly battles are only fleeting. They are mere puffs of wind. God is the wind, he will blow away the evil around us for all eternity. We need to defeat the depression in our lives. In the midst of the shadow and in the midst of the darkness is a perfect Light. The Light of the world is Jesus! AMEN!

No comments: