Friday, October 22, 2010

Love God -- Love his children, Hate his children -- Hate God!

1 John 5 (The Message)

1-3Every person who believes that Jesus is, in fact, the Messiah, is God-begotten. If we love the One who conceives the child, we'll surely love the child who was conceived. The reality test on whether or not we love God's children is this: Do we love God? Do we keep his commands? The proof that we love God comes when we keep his commandments and they are not at all troublesome.


I love my wife. She is the best blessing that God could have ever granted. Of course I have talked about this before. But, I never get tired of saying it. She is wonderful. Loving her naturally leads me to loving my daughters. My love for Stephanie endures through the love of my 3 daughters. Mckenzie, Lindsae, and Kelley are awesome. They all 3 grew up in the same home, with the same parents, under the same circumstances. Yet, they are completely different, wonderful, young women. I could not be more proud of them and the loving Christian women they have become. They take after their mother. All 3 of these great ladies are connected at the hip. I tease Stephanie about how many times she talks to her daughters. They can't stand to be a part. McKenzie and Lindsae have become great mothers and great wives. Kelley will not be any different. She is very special and when the right Christian Man comes along, she will also be a great wife and mother. I love to pray for them and their circumstances. I am always amazed how the Lord works through those prayers and has blessed them. These three amazing women are just extensions of my great wife. I can't love Stephanie without loving them. They are Stephanie!


We can't truly Love God without loving God's Children. If we don't love God's Children, we don't really love God. They are from God. God Loves them. So should we. If we hate people, we hate God. We need to Love like Jesus. We need to love all types of people, from all backgrounds, from the good to the bad and everything in-between.




Dear Lord, We know we are commanded to love our neighbors as ourselves. We also know we don't always do a good job of loving others. Help us to place others before ourselves. Help us to love everyone, our enemies, the unlovable, and even the people who deny you. We can love them without loving what they do. Thank You Lord for loving us and teaching us how to love. You are an awesome and powerful God. Amen!

No comments: