Thursday, September 22, 2022

Forgotten Books of the Bible - Hosea - 4

 

This is the sight of Israel's pagan temple to Baal. After the split, Israel's priests in the Northern Kingdom accepted the worship of gods other than THE GOD. 
This nation was destroyed, never to be heard from again. 

'“Don’t point your finger at someone else
and try to pass the blame! My complaint, you
priests, is with you. So you will stumble in
broad daylight, and your false prophets will
fall with you in the night. And I will destroy
Israel, your mother. ' Hosea 4:4-5. https://my.bible.com/bible/116/HOS.4.4-5


When Jesus arrived, the community of PRIESTS grew in amazing ways. Peter claimed:

'But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You
are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession.
As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for
he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. '
1 Peter 2:9 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/1PE.2.9

We can not blame the failings of our society on the lost, they don't know any better. We could blame our religious leaders. Hosea did! AND I DO think they need to shoulder some of the blame for the state of our Godless society. But, I believe in the UNIVERSAL PRIESTHOOD. Peter claimed we are ALL royal priests. We can point fingers at ALL BELIEVERS.

We are called to "Love others as Jesus loved us!" (John 15:12)

When we do take a stand for Jesus do we copy the methods of the world or do we show the Love of Jesus? When we protest the evils of this world, and there are many, do we share the Love of Jesus? When we condemn someone else's sin, are we showing the Love of Jesus? 

Are we living a life that is appealing to those outside our faith? 

Is God pointing his finger at us? Does God have a complaint against ME? YOU? Are we stumbling in broad daylight for the world to see? 

Heavenly Father, forgive me for not being your light in the midst of darkness. Forgive me for not loving you with all my heart, soul, and mind. Forgive me for not showing your love to the world. Forgive me for not honoring my position as your royal priest. 

Help me change lord. 

Amen!

Do you need prayer? God has called ME to make disciples. Can I help you draw closer to Jesus? rhoadzie@gmail.com 



No comments: