Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Forgotten Books of the Bible - Hosea 3 - God STILL Loves You!

 



In June of 2013, Stephanie and I were on our way back from a motorcycle trip to California. We ran into this storm in Cheyenne Wyoming. We were able to stop at a gas station. But, it was so crowded we were not able to park the bike underneath the awning of the gas station. The picture below shows you after the storm the ground was covered by hail. It looks just like snow!




We survived the storm with no real damage. Our helmets, which we dared not rescue, had some chips on the plastic. The motorcycle and our little timeout camper had no damage. God was watching us!

 Hosea had every right under the law to divorce Gomer. Even after he married her, even after he showed great love caring for her, she continued her life as a prostitute. I cannot imagine his pain. Even though it is not recorded in this book, I can imagine his depression and his cries to the Lord for help. Here was God's response:

'Then the Lord said to me, “Go and love your
wife again, even though she commits adultery
with another lover. This will illustrate that the
Lord still loves Israel, even though the people
have turned to other gods and love to
worship them. ” '

Hosea 3:1 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/HOS.3.1

Hosea continued his love for Gomer even through the storms of their life together. He could have given up. After God told him to love his wife again, he went and bought Gomer for a great price. We don't know all the background of the story, but we know God did not want Hosea to give up on Gomer. His entire life is meant to be a message to us. 

EVEN THROUGH THE STORMS OF LIFE 

GOD WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON US. 

GOD STILL LOVES YOU!

God loves you so much that he paid the high price to buy you back WITH HIS ONLY SON'S LIFE ON THE CROSS.

There is nothing WE can do in my life, believe me I have done a lot, that God will not forgive. He paid the price for YOU and is deeply in love with YOU. 

If you need prayer. If you want to know how to accept Jesus and begin living a life for him, contact me. I would love to share with you, meet with you, and disciple you! Even if you live a great distance from me, we can meet together! 

Contact me at rhoadzie@gmail.com. 







No comments: