Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Forgotten Books of the Bible - Hosea - 7

 


"Its people don't realize that I am watching them. Their sinful deeds are all around them, and I see them all." Hosea 7:2


For those that don't believe in God, this verse means nothing. For those that profess to be followers of Christ, this is a big issue!

Just like Israel in the Old Testament, we do not realize God is watching and if we do know it, we don't act like it. This past week, the focus of my Master's work at IWU  has been accountability. It is such a good idea to have an accountability partner. Yet, God is our ultimate accountability partner. He sees everything. Everything we do, everything we say, and all our thoughts we have are laid bare in front of Jesus. We cannot hide.

How do you think God would react to your life yesterday. 

For my course work, I had to look at a day in my life and reflect on a series of questions (Spiritual Mentoring, Keith R. Anderson & Randy D. Reese). I modified them to fit my life. But, I would highly recommend taking time each day to think about your day through God's eyes. 

These might be questions to ponder just before you lay your head down at night:

In what ways did God reveal himself today?
What questions do I have for God about things that happened?
Was I living "In God's will" or "Out of God's will" today?
Would God respond with joy or sadness as he looked at my day?
What sins do I need to repent?
Would God speak words of consolation, encouragement, or challenge because of my day?
Whom did I encounter today, did my actions reflect Jesus' love?
Where was I anxious and afraid today?
What words did I speak to God today, and how often did I speak to him?
What do I need to change tomorrow?

We are followers of Christ every day and every hour of our lives. Are we acting like we are his? I am sure there are other questions that could be asked. The most important part of our day might be in reflecting on what we did in relation to our faith. God was watching. 

Need prayer? 

I am available for personal Bible Studies, online or in-person. NO CHARGE and at your convenience.


Contact me: rhoadzie @gmail.com









No comments: