Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Israel 2022 - Reflection #38 - Final Thoughts

 




Most of the grandkids are back in school and my IWU classes begin on Friday. In fact, I have already begun work on my first week of assignments. I'm slowly getting back into "school mode." It is always great to get ahead. The real challenge is to stay ahead. I get so stressed out if I get anywhere close to a deadline.

The picture above was taken in the IWU parking lot as we were departing on this journey. It seems like the trip to Israel is a distant memory that occurred sometime in my deep past. It has been so valuable for me to process all that I saw by writing these blogs. We were so busy those ten days in Israel. One of my favorite times was the bus rides between sites. I know that seems weird, but the downtime was so valuable to reflect on what we just saw and where we were heading. I love quiet times of reflection and time to absorb what I have learned. Bus rides, plane rides, and times at night falling asleep were all such important parts of this trip so I could let the Holy Spirit fill me with what he wanted me to take away. 

I am so blessed to have had this opportunity to visit Israel. I am so blessed to travel with such a wonderful group of people. Dr. Joseph and Dr. Levicheva, Rami, Becca, Joel, Abby, Aaron, and the rest of the leadership team were such a blessing and I am so thankful for their hard work. I am so thankful for each "walk," each time we had to "count off," each time we were attacked by the locals trying to earn a living, each trip to find ice cream, the stresses, the joys, the laughter, and most of all the people who joined me on this pilgrimage. Thanks everyone!

I am having a hard time summarizing everything. I put together a video for my summer class about this trip. SO, I decided to share it. Praise God for his many blessings!



No comments: