Monday, August 22, 2022

TEN KEYS TO LIFE - Part 3 - Patient Endurance

My granddaughter running a cross-country race in 2021!





'Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope
we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his
promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one
another to acts of love and good works. And let
us not neglect our meeting together, as some
people do, but encourage one another, especially
now that the day of his return is drawing near. ' Hebrews 10:23-25 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/HEB.10.23-25


Do you trust God?  

Of course, we all say, "YES." What else would you expect from a follower of Christ? But, do our actions reflect our response? These verses focus on the one thing that is important:

"GOD CAN BE TRUSTED TO KEEP HIS PROMISE!"

There are so many examples in the Bible and certainly in my own life where my actions say I do not trust God. I have this knee-jerk reaction when God does not answer my prayers immediately; I act on my own. Abraham acted on his own when he tried to answer God's promise. Moses acted on his own when he struck the rock instead of speaking to it. Saul acted on his own when he disobeyed God saving the best sheep for sacrifice. As Stephanie and I retired, we acted on our own, we developed our own plan. God's plan was so much better than we could ever imagine. His plans are always better and when we yield to him, he honors our waiting with springs of joy! 

So, what do we do when we are waiting for God to fulfill his promise? 

Later in Hebrews, the writer states:

'Patient endurance is what you need now,
so that you will continue to do God’s will.

Then you will receive all that he has promised. '
Hebrews 10:36. https://my.bible.com/bible/116/HEB.10.36


Yes, what I need now and what I need every day is patient endurance!
 
While I wait on the Lord, I need to rest in his arms knowing he has the perfect plan. I need to encourage and motivate others to also live with patient endurance. I need to encourage and motivate others to trust in his goodness. So many people think they can do this on their own. They not only neglect the power of God Almighty, running ahead of his plan, but they also neglect the entire body of Christ. We need each other! We need the encouragement of our fellow believers to patiently endure until God fulfills his promises. There is nothing more important in my life than my brothers and sisters in Christ. I can't endure and my patience is weak. Praise the Lord for those that walk alongside me!

I need a constant reminder that God's timing is perfect. He is not slow in keeping his promises. (2 Peter 3:9) With patient endurance, the support and encouragement of others, and complete trust in the Lord, I can wait and not move ahead of his marvelous plans for my life!






No comments: