Monday, August 29, 2022

Ten Keys to Life - Integrity - I can't hide from God!

 


'I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light
around me to become night— but even in darkness
I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as
bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to
you. '
Psalms 139:11-12 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/PSA.139.11-12

I am not a perfect person! I never want to imply that I am. But, one of my goals in ministry is to live a life of INTEGRITY. I try very hard to do the right thing, to be honest, and open with everyone. Yet, I still mess up! God knows my heart. He knows everything about me and I cannot hide from him. There is something very freeing when you live with integrity. In Psalm 25:20-21 says, "Protect me! Rescue me from them! (my enemies) Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge. May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you."

When King David sinned with Bathsheba the sin spiraled out of control and eventually, his lack of integrity led to the death of Uriah. Until David was confronted by Nathan the prophet, he had no peace and no rest. David finally got that peace and rest when he came to the Lord confessing all he did. Yes, there were consequences, and he mourned those consequences the rest of his life. Would David have been known of a "Man after God's own heart if he had continued to cover up this sin?" David failed but he renewed and rededicated his relationship with the Lord through true confession and repentance for what he had done. 

Lord, please forgive me when I am dishonest and when I plot and scheme outside your will. Please guide my path so I can live at peace knowing I have lived a life of integrity. I pray God will protect me from evil, that he gives me the strength and wisdom to maintain a life where I represent the Lord with honesty and dignity.  I want one thing, to do your will and serve you in all I do. Amen!



No comments: