Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Ten Keys to Life - Grace in all things (Social media?)


'But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the
work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others
the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.
Acts of the Apostles 20:22-24. https://my.bible.com/bible/116/ACT.20.22-24



Grace, in our greatly divided world, is not popular. I cannot remember when I heard the word even uttered, outside the church. Grace means "the unmerited favor of God." Simply, it means God has given us eternal life even when we didn't deserve it. But, what does it mean in your daily life?

Grace is a central theme of our spiritual life. God sent his Son to die on the cross for our sins. We didn't deserve to be saved. We are sinners. BUT, through His perfect GRACE we are saved. 

So, if Jesus grants us amazing grace, shouldn't we extend grace to others? Shouldn't we extend forgiveness and love even when others don't deserve it?

I spend a lot of time with people that just don't like organized religion. I know, I hate that term too. But, in the mind of the unchurched, the Church is filled with hypocrites. AND YES, I know Christians always come back with, "Yes, the church is full of sinners and we are not perfect." But, in my opinion, we use that as a crutch. 

Aren't Christians called to be set apart from the world?  Aren't we called to live lives that demonstrate the GRACE of God?

I hope we all feel called to share the grace of God. You can find countless scriptures supporting the idea of sharing the grace of God with others. That is the message of the Gospel. So why can't we extend that same grace on Social Media. (I know. I just called out a bunch of people.) 

If God has called us to be different in a sinful world, can't we extend grace to those from the opposite political party?  Shouldn't we extend grace to those who live differently than us, who worship differently, who SIN in ways different than we do? 

I beg my fellow brothers and sisters to show grace to those we are trying to win over to the Lord. Show grace on Social Media. We are called to be different. We can't always control how people view us. 

We can't expect those who don't know God's grace to show us his grace. 

That just isn't going to happen. BUT, we have no excuse! We know the grace we have received through the cross and we must share that grace with others. 

C'mon people!


'“And now I entrust you to God and the message
of his grace that is able to build you up and give
you an inheritance with all those he has set apart
for himself. ' Acts of the Apostles 20:32 - https://my.bible.com/bible/116/ACT.20.32





 

No comments: